( S S 7 ) H e l p i d e l e t e d m y . l d f f i l e s ! ! ! !

( S S 7 ) H e l p i d e l e t e d m y . l d f f i l e s ! ! ! !

Post by pierr » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Help!.

In a stupid way i deleted my .LDF files from all my databases.
Now sqlserver wont startup cause it does not find the mastlog.ldf

How can i tweak my server to recreate the .LDF files?

Please advice

P.J. van Woerkom
Siemens Nederland N.V.

( S S 7 ) H e l p i d e l e t e d m y . l d f f i l e s ! ! ! !

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Pierre,

I wouldn't have much hope for your installation (with less than loading
backup).
I haven't seen any way to get the data back if you lost the LDF file (and if
SS doesn't auto-build the ldf for you).

Your case is a bit different since you lost master as well. So, you could
run REBUILDM.EXE (to get empty working system databases) and then
sp_attach_db (sp_attach_single_file_db) you databases.

But since you lost your ldf files, there's a big risk that SQL Server won't
accept the mdf files for each database. Make sure that you make a file-based
backup before you venture into this.

--
Tibor Karaszi, Cornerstone Sweden AB
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

> Help!.

> In a stupid way i deleted my .LDF files from all my databases.
> Now sqlserver wont startup cause it does not find the mastlog.ldf

> How can i tweak my server to recreate the .LDF files?

> Please advice

> P.J. van Woerkom
> Siemens Nederland N.V.

( S S 7 ) H e l p i d e l e t e d m y . l d f f i l e s ! ! ! !

Post by pierr » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Tibor,
It did not work.

But i recovered al lot of info from my .mdf file.

Using a large file editor (my mdf = 900Mb) i
stripped all the shit out, and was able to recover my views.
My import of data is not the problem, because a import is done
every day from an other system.

so i regained my 137 views and the system is allmost up and running again..

P.J.

pierre heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>Help!.

>In a stupid way i deleted my .LDF files from all my databases.
>Now sqlserver wont startup cause it does not find the mastlog.ldf

>How can i tweak my server to recreate the .LDF files?

>Please advice

>P.J. van Woerkom
>Siemens Nederland N.V.

1. Format seconds to HH:MM:SS?

Have a column with seconds - creating a view that adds a column showing as
time in format HH:MM:SS.

Can't see how CONVERT can do it.  I can do it with DATENAME() to get the
hours and % and / operators to get the min and secs, but have to check if
each of these is single digit and pad with leading '0' and .... i.e. the
expression is a mile long and very inefficient.

Is there an "easy" way?

Les McPhee

2. dts a Excel data interchange file

3. BCP and CSV files (SS 6.5)

4. calling access macro

5. Connect to SS without EM

6. dBASE V for Windows. _plength and printing?

7. Converting seconds in hh:mm:ss

8. Need to pre-open Alias for Local SQL?

9. SS 2000, Win2000, MDAC 2.5, dbmssocn, and TCP/IP

10. SS&: DTS Designer Hangs When Trying To Display Error

11. SP Debuging Tool for SS 6.5

12. SS 7.0 Profiler

13. OOAD on SS?