Calculated Member Question

Post by Kelly Row » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

I have a renewal status dimension in a cube that has term_number at its
first level.  I'm being asked to drop that dimension, and replace it with
one that simply returns NEW is term_number is equal to one, or RENEWAL if
term_number is greater than one.  Can I use a Calculated Member to do this?
 I could add a new column to the table and use that as a dimension, but I
would prefer not to do that.  If calculated member isn't the answer, is
there another way to create a derived dimension?

Kelly Rowe
Renaissance Worldwide, Inc.

1. Calculated Member Question - Newbie

Hi,

I am new to OLAP. This is what I am trying to do:

I want to calulate the middle value for a measure. I know how to do the
average but am not sure how I can calculate the middle value.

I have 2 measures - Amount,Feature. For example, if there are 3 features and
the paid amount are 100, 10,000, 1,000,000 then
the average is (100 + 10,000 + 1,000,000) / 3

The medium is 10,000 -- the middle one - HOW CAN I CALULATE THIS? I need
this to rollup also.

TIA.

2. ODBC canbnot locate the ius914 tcp services in the

3. MDX Calculated Member Question

4. DAO 3.6, Data controls, Passwords, RT 3112

5. calculated member question...

6. Is postgresql download still working?

7. Calculated member question

8. PROGRESS 4 DOS

9. Percentage Calculated Member question

10. Calculated Member Question regarding SUM function

11. Calculated Member Question

12. calculated member question

13. Calculated Member Question