replication between SQL server and Oracle?

replication between SQL server and Oracle?

Post by rich.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 04:43:53

I am DBA assigned to work on a joint-company project. The other company
uses SQL 7 server, we use Oracle 8.0.5 database. We don't want to
change our database platforms, neither the other company. But we need
to exchange data between each other. Can someone give me some hint on
how the replication works in this situation? Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by jvander.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:03:34

> I am DBA assigned to work on a joint-company project. The other
company
> uses SQL 7 server, we use Oracle 8.0.5 database. We don't want to
> change our database platforms, neither the other company. But we need
> to exchange data between each other. Can someone give me some hint on
> how the replication works in this situation? Thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Consider DataMirror Transformation Server to help you out with this
task.  It offers real-time, bi-directional and high-performance
replication with on-the-fly transforms between heterogeneous database
like SQL Server and Oracle among others.   Free fully-enabled trial
software downloads are available on our web-site (www.datamirror.com).

John Vandermay.
Director of Development,
DataMirror Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

replication between SQL server and Oracle?

Post by Chad Cleato » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 05:20:59

I've used Datamirror to replicate data between SQL 7 and DB2/400.
It works well and Datamirror has good tech support and they were
very helpful even before we bought the product.

> > I am DBA assigned to work on a joint-company project. The other
> company
> > uses SQL 7 server, we use Oracle 8.0.5 database. We don't want to
> > change our database platforms, neither the other company. But we need
> > to exchange data between each other. Can someone give me some hint on
> > how the replication works in this situation? Thanks

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Consider DataMirror Transformation Server to help you out with this
> task.  It offers real-time, bi-directional and high-performance
> replication with on-the-fly transforms between heterogeneous database
> like SQL Server and Oracle among others.   Free fully-enabled trial
> software downloads are available on our web-site (www.datamirror.com).

> John Vandermay.
> Director of Development,
> DataMirror Corporation.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. HELP:replication from sql server to oracle

All,

I'm trying to replicate from sql server to oracle, and issues come up:
1: DATETIME data type is converted to short DATE , such as
    "mm/dd/yy h,m,s" will be "mm/dd/yy",  after replication;
2: Clustered primary key can't be replicate to oracle , I checked the error
    that's because the sql statement generated by sql server including CLUSTERED

    key word which oracle doesn't support;
3: Sql server only push the first column to oracle as primary key for
Non-clustered
    primary key in it. Such as PK(col1,col2,col3) will be PK(col1) in oracle
after replication.

Could any expert give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot.

Bob

  bgeng.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Spooling query results to a text file

3. Replication between SQL Server and Oracle

4. DTS import task and memo field in dbf

5. replication from SQL server to Oracle

6. creating an index with a "~" inside (hurry)

7. HELP:replication from sql server to Oracle

8. Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

9. Replication from SQL Server to Oracle 8.1.7

10. US-NC-Oracle DBA (Oracle replication Services, SQL Server, NT) DB Basics, Inc # 239S

11. Replication from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 8.1.7: Invalid SQL

12. Oracle's Symmetric Replication VS Replication Server

13. Replication BT SQL SERVER in DMZ and SQL SERVER on LAN