Permissions only to 1 Login User

Post by Sérgio Gra? » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:28:40

Hi,

    I want to restrict access to one database only to 1 user, I access the
database from a VB program with this user. But I want that all others logins
(include SA) can't read/modify any database objects.

    Can someone help me with this task?

Thxs in Advance.

--
Srgio Gra?a

Permissions only to 1 Login User

Post by BP Margoli » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:34:11

Srgio,

SA and members of the SysAdmin role are "God" as far as SQL Server is
concerned. There is absolutely no way to prevent the SA and members of the
SysAdmin role from doing whatever they want in SQL Server.

If you wish to hide information from your SA, consider encrypting the data.
Expect that encryption will degrade the performance of your application.
Check out the "encrypt" entry in the SQL Server FAQ for information about
encrypting data in SQL Server.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi,