Unable to determine if the owner (sa) has server access???

Unable to determine if the owner (sa) has server access???

Post by Ray Ga » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 04:04:41

I recently got this error in SQL Server 7.0.  Not sure what to check.

The job failed.  Unable to determine if the owner (sa) of job
MRR_Regen_Rebuild has server access (reason: Unable to connect to server -
check SQL Server and SQL Server Agent errorlogs).

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Unable to determine if the owner (sa) has server access???

Post by <jasper_sm.. » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:54:11

Have you checked the error logs and NT application log ?
It looks like the SQLServer agent couldn't log into SQL,
does it use a domain account or local system account?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I recently got this error in SQL Server 7.0.  Not sure
what to check.

>The job failed.  Unable to determine if the owner (sa) of
job
>MRR_Regen_Rebuild has server access (reason: Unable to
connect to server -
>check SQL Server and SQL Server Agent errorlogs).

>Any ideas on what is wrong?

>.

1. Unable to determine if the owner (abc\abcxx) of job

JOB RUN:        'Processing Package' was run on 11/5/2002
at 4:34:39 PM
DURATION:       0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds
STATUS:         Failed
MESSAGES:       The job failed.  Unable to determine if
the owner (abc\abcxx) of job Processing Package has server
access (reason: The query has been canceled because the
estimated cost of this query (4) exceeds the configured
threshold of 1. Contact the system administrator.
[SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8649)).

2. Non-Equi-Join

3. ???Unable to determine if the owner

4. floating point errors

5. Unable to determine if the owner ...

6. New Book - Database, Second Edition

7. ???Unable to determine if the owner

8. Ping to SQL Server

9. ?? unable to access SQL Server w/ sa account unless user is Administrator on local machine

10. non sa owner viewing sa owned jobs

11. Unable to connect to SQL Server has SA

12. Merge Replication with Table owner other than sa/dbo

13. Having multiple users manage a single job (WITHOUT SA)