Logon name problem

Post by Thierry Jeannere » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to apply integrated security to a SQLServer database. My user
name is of the form User_Name. I try to connect using Entreprise
Manager.
When I am sa,  I can taylor the Database (server) through the
"configure" option, by specifying "mapping - not used". How can I do
when I am a non privilegied user (the optio is disabled) ? How can I
configure this option for everybody connecting to this database ?
Will Microsoft do something in order to apply the same rules to all of
there products (once, only once, please...)?

Thanks for answer,

Thierry Jeanneret

Logon name problem

Post by Richard Waymir » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

The mapping characteristics are set server-wide by sa, and don't need to be
set again by individual users when they connect.  What specific problems are
you having with mappings, since _ is a valid sql server character?

--
Richard Waymire, MCT, MCSE, MVP (SQLServer)
Principal Engineer, ARIS Corp.

>Hi,

>I want to apply integrated security to a SQLServer database. My user
>name is of the form User_Name. I try to connect using Entreprise
>Manager.
>When I am sa,  I can taylor the Database (server) through the
>"configure" option, by specifying "mapping - not used". How can I do
>when I am a non privilegied user (the optio is disabled) ? How can I
>configure this option for everybody connecting to this database ?
>Will Microsoft do something in order to apply the same rules to all of
>there products (once, only once, please...)?

>Thanks for answer,

>Thierry Jeanneret

1. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

Hi,

BOL :

When xp_cmdshell is invoked by a user who is a member of the sysadmin fixed
server role, xp_cmdshell will be executed under the security context in
which the SQL Server service is running. When the user is not a member of
the sysadmin group, xp_cmdshell will impersonate the SQL Server Agent proxy
account, which is specified using xp_sqlagent_proxy_account. If the proxy
account is not available, xp_cmdshell will fail. This is true only for NT
4.0 and Windows 2000. On Windows 9.x, there is no impersonation and
xp_cmdshell is always executed under the security context of the Windows 9.x
user who started SQL Server.

Check in Books OnLine for security issues on xp_cmdshell

Regards
Alen Zulic

2. Live Queries or UpdateSQL

3. Standard SQL Logon account names ????

4. Oracle 9i Redhat 7.2 Install - Net Configuration Assistant Hangs !

5. Error 1326 - Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

6. DataCubes and Dimension in SQL Analysis Services

7. Win95 logon and Named Pipes

8. PROBLEM WITH ROW LOCKING

9. Detecting program name on logon.

10. How do i Change the Default Logon Name?

11. logon failure when logon as admin with service rights

12. OLAP Logon Failure NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON - HELP!