defult database settings

Post by Nir Mende » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:52:52

Hi,

I have a sql7 server developers  version.

I have to open more then 100 databases!

I what to change the default settings so I wont have to change all the 100
databases,

I need to change the file growth, Maximum file size, space allocated.

Does some body knows where or how can it be change?

10x allot

Nir

defult database settings

Post by Richard Din » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:27:03

There is no easy way of doing that. You need to use cursor to walk through
those 100 dbs and in each db, run the following commands:

alter database dbname modify file ( name = dbname_data, size = 100MB )
alter database dbname modify file ( name = dbname_data, maxsize = 500MB )
alter database dbname modify file ( name = dbname_data, filegrowth = 10MB )

The above three line can not be done in one statement because only one
property can be changed at one time.

Richard

Quote:> Hi,