really dumb question

Post by Greg Jense » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:41:50

This is probably a really stupid question but here goes. I
had created a shared date dimension with fiscal year,
quarter...etc. The lowest heirarchy level this dimension
had was calendar date which was formatted as 'mm/dd/yyyy'.
The data comes from Oracle and even though the default
date format Oracle uses is 'dd-mon-yyyy', AS always
displayed the data as 'mm/dd/yyyy' by default, which I
liked. Anyway, I recently upgraded SQL Server 2k and AS to
SP2 and reprocessed all of my cubes and dimensions earlier
this morning. For some reason SP2 must have changed the
default date format SQL Server 2k and AS use when
displaying dates. I now see all of my dates formatted
like '2001-02-04 00:00:00'.....which...I don't like. Nor
do my end users. Now for the dumb questions.....did SP2
make this modification? If so....why? and lastly....how do
I fix it so dates show up as 'mm/dd/yyyy'. I've tried
working with Convert() and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Greg