DTS Package Question

Post by Lou Civitell » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:29:35

Can I run a DTS package from a stored procedure?
If so, How?

Thanks,
Lou

DTS Package Question

Post by Allan Mitchel » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:56:51

In addition to using xp_cmdshell to call DTSRUN you could use sp_OAxx

Execute a package from T-SQL
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?6,104,210,0,1

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

Quote:> Hi Lou,
> Yes it should be possible by using xp_cmdshell within your stored
procedure
> and a command line calling the dtsrun utility, these are both documented
> really well in Books On Line for both SQL 7 and SQL2000.

> Regards,
> Clive

rights.

1. DTS Package Question?

Is there any way to import different file names using one DTS package
without having to script the package in VB?

FILE            DTS PACKAGE
A.txt         <-----          dts_import
B.txt         <-----          dts_import

Thanks in advance.....

2. Beginners Query Question

3. DTS Package Question

4. Crystal Reports - Check marks, am I asking too much?

5. DTS Package Question...

6. HELP: Delphi and Word 6.0

7. DTS package question

8. JDBC thin client applet and Netscape security?

9. DTS Package question

10. Two DTS package questions:

11. DTS Package question?

12. executing DTS package question

13. DTS transfer question on dynamic execution of DTS package