Win 98 SQL Server Registration under Win NT

Win 98 SQL Server Registration under Win NT

Post by Leonid Abele » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,

How I can register on Win NT SQL Server a SQL Server runing under Win98/95?
 I get always Access denied if I try it. However it works in the other
direction. Where are no explicit security settings under SQL Server for
Win95  ....

thanx L.A.

Win 98 SQL Server Registration under Win NT

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

 Leonid - in SQL client config settings on the NT box you need to connect to
the Win9x box using the tcp-ip net-lib protocol

 > How I can register on Win NT SQL Server a SQL Server runing under Win98/95?

Quote:>  I get always Access denied if I try it. However it works in the other
> direction. Where are no explicit security settings under SQL Server for
> Win95  ....

> thanx L.A.

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (faqrtf.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or    http://www.ntfaq.com/Section.cfm?sectionID=34
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

Please HELP!

I have developed an application using VB5 EE SP3 on Win 95 and have updated
it using the same VB version on Win 98.  The application is installed at a
client running Win 95 and NT.

When compiling under Win 95 and running executable at client site on an NT
machine, I receive a run-time error 50003 regarding the use of GIF files.  I
don't use any GIF files or picture controls.  I had a problem with a newer
version of the common dialog control - VB5 on W95 thought it was a picture
box - but I thought I had corrected that.  I am also using Sheridan calendar
widgets v1.08 build 2.

Can someone help with this one???  I cannot reproduce the error on my W95 or
W98 machine.  Also, I would like to be able to compile on my W98 machine
referencing the W95 version of the necessary controls.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tammy Crebo

2. Invisible tables in :priv:

3. from SQL 7 NT to SQL 7 Windows 98 - Win 98 with DTS Data Transformation Services

4. ORDER BY

5. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

6. Information on last activity by a user

7. Problem: Developing on Win 98 and running on Win NT

8. Colorado; Oracle DBA; AIX, 10.7, Discoverer

9. Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

10. win98 to win nt failed server registration cannot connect server not found

11. MS-SQL Server 7.0 Server creation on Win 98 standalone

12. ado on win 95, win 98

13. Problem sharing table with BDE 5.1, Win 2000, and Win 98