SQLAgentMail

Post by Filip Nová » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 18:02:05

When i try to start sqlagentmail with xp_startmail the Server did not
respond for a 2 hours.

Where is the configuration for sql mail? I am using MSSQL 7.0

Anybody has idea what  could be wrong?

thanx fila

SQLAgentMail

Post by DineshT » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 00:04:07

Filip,

The configuration for SQL mail is well documented in BOL. A quick study
should help you in mail setup.

HTH
Dinesh.

1. SQLAgentMail

I configured and tested my SMTP Mail using SQLAgentMail
and it works fine.  My problem is whenever SQL
is "automatically recycled", my SQLAgentMail no longer
works.  I then go and manually (via Enterprise Manager)
stop and start SQLAgent and SQLAgentMail works again.

Anyone have any ideas where I should look to resolve this ?
I am running SQL 7 with SP3 on NT4 with SP6a

Does it have anything to do with who starts up the
services ??  Stop/Start of SQLAgent should always be using
the same id as assigned during the SQLinstall, correct?

2. Good News for MS Windows users: Your favorite database is

3. Which database

4. Only named pipes are working, but VERY slow

5. SQLAgentMail Setup

6. Metrics

7. SQLMail and SQLAgentMail - a dark chapter

8. SQLAgentMail and Outlook 2002

9. SQL Mail doesn't work but SQLAgentMail works on prod server

10. SQL Mail / SqlAgentMail with Lotus Notes

11. SQLAgentMail