SP1 horror stories...

Post by Jason Burto » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone experienced weird results mixing SP1 machines?  I installed SP1
on my machine that I use to remotly administer my OLAP server, then
installed SP1 on my OLAP server.  I had intermittant problems connecting to
the OLAP server and building/scheduling cubes, even after SP1 was installed
on both machines.

I eventually backed off and uninstalled MS OLAP Services on both machines
and then re-installed OLAP without SP1.  Since then I've had problems with
corrupt cubes and botched builds.  I'm afraid to re-install SP1, but I don't
know what else to do.  It's a production SQL 6.5 server, so if I hose the
machine I'm toast.

Any ideas or similar horror stories?

Thanks,

Jason Burton

SP1 horror stories...

Post by Joe Vivon » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I've noticed that I needed to have my machines sync'd on versions in order
for them to play nice with each other...  So I jumped to SP1 on everything
and it worked great...

--
---
Joe Vivona

*** comments and opinions do not reflect the opinions of my employer ***

Quote:> Has anyone experienced weird results mixing SP1 machines?  I installed SP1