Couldn't able to start the sql server in single user mode

Couldn't able to start the sql server in single user mode

Post by Naveen Samb » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:20:28

Hello,
I couldn't able to start the sql server in single user mode.
Though I issued a command sqlservr.exe -m from the command prompt,I can't able to
restrict the users.The agent is also starting. I tried using sqlservr.exe -m -f
its still behaving the same way.Iam planning to restore the master  database. Any
suggestions or solutions in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Naveen Samba,
SQL Server DBA.

Couldn't able to start the sql server in single user mode

Post by Kevin Connel » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 05:27:57

disable the agent, and any other application service that might be
connecting.

Post by Calvi » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:21:11

Quote:-----Original Message-----

Hello,
I couldn't able to start the sql server in single user mode.
Though I issued a command sqlservr.exe -m from the command prompt,I can't able to
restrict the users.The agent is also starting. I tried using sqlservr.exe -m -f
its still behaving the same way.Iam planning to restore the master  database. Any
suggestions or solutions in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Naveen Samba,
SQL Server DBA.
.
Naveen Samba ,  I'm  experiencing  similar  problems.  How  did  you  get  your
server  agent  to  start. The  icon  isn't  even  visible on  my tool bar  near
the  system  clock  like it's  supposed   to be.