SQL 7.0 Desktop on WinNT->Win2000 Client?

SQL 7.0 Desktop on WinNT->Win2000 Client?

Post by Steve Widema » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

We've got SQL 7.0 Server on an NT server, and I had SQL 7 Desktop
loaded on my NT Workstation prior to upgrading it to Win 2000 Desktop.
Now I can't re-install SQL 7.0 from CD - AutoRun.EXE doesn't work, even
manually.  (No error msg, just doesn't do anything.)

Any reason why this shouldn't work?  Switching to Win 2000 Server isn't
an option right now, and reverting to NT4 on my desktop isn't desirable.

TIA - S.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SQL 7.0 Desktop on WinNT->Win2000 Client?

Post by Mike Maringa » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

the autorun is an installshield product demoshield.  perhaps they have
something on their website.

you can bypass it and navigate to the setup directory and run setupsql.exe
(setupsql.exe k=Dk for SQL Desktop Edition)

Quote:> We've got SQL 7.0 Server on an NT server, and I had SQL 7 Desktop
> loaded on my NT Workstation prior to upgrading it to Win 2000 Desktop.
> Now I can't re-install SQL 7.0 from CD - AutoRun.EXE doesn't work, even
> manually.  (No error msg, just doesn't do anything.)

> Any reason why this shouldn't work?  Switching to Win 2000 Server isn't
> an option right now, and reverting to NT4 on my desktop isn't desirable.

> TIA - S.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

SQL 7.0 Desktop on WinNT->Win2000 Client?

Post by Steve Widema » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:41:06

Yep, tried that too - nothing happened.  There's nothing inherently
wrong with this configuration though, is there?