executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

Post by Sathia » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
Is is possible for me excute a DTS Package which is Stored in SQL Server
Repository, thru my stored Procedure ?
If yes, how ?

Help please!

Regards,

Sathyan

executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

Post by Itzik Ben-Ga » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Sathien,

If you're running SQL Server 7, check out the DTSRUN command in the online
documentation.
You can invoke it from an Execute Process Task.
In SQL Server 2000 there's a new Execute Package task.

--
BG

Hi-Tech College, Israel
http://sql.hi-tech.co.il

Quote:> Hi all,
> Is is possible for me excute a DTS Package which is Stored in SQL Server
> Repository, thru my stored Procedure ?
> If yes, how ?

> Help please!

> Regards,

> Sathyan

executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

Post by Umachandar Jayachandra » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

    You can also use OLE automation SPs to create a DTS Package from SQL
Server using LoadFromRepository method. See BOL for more details on the DTS
objects & methods. This gives more control & you can change values of global
variables, connection properties & so on dynamically before executing the
package.
    Please do take a look at the web site of SQL Server MVP "Darren Green"
www.swynk.com/friends/green - he may have some scripts that demonstrate
this.

--
Umachandar Jayachandran
SQL Resources at http://www.umachandar.com/resources.htm

executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

Post by Darren Gree » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,
>Is is possible for me excute a DTS Package which is Stored in SQL Server
>Repository, thru my stored Procedure ?
>If yes, how ?

>Help please!

>Regards,

>Sathyan

From a script you can use xp_cmdshell with the dtsrun tool, or the OLE
stored procedures. See Books Online for xp_cmdshell and dtsrun
documentation. There are some examples of using the OLE sp's on my site.

--
Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/