create proc grant execute with grant

Post by kevin connel » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello.  I am trying to find a solution to allow a developer
to create new stored procedures and then automatically grant them EXECUTE WITH
GRANT permissions with the following restrictions:

1) The proc must be owned by dbo.
2) The user cannot be db_ddladmin and db_security admin (we only want
   EXECUTE WITH GRANT, nothing more, nothing less

There does not seem to be any way reasonable to define these permissions.

The only possibility i could find was to use some sort of  process such as the
sqlagent or nt scheduler to run in a different security context (grant dbo to the
service account...) than the user and then to have them dump the guts of their
proc into a file or table, or anything that could then be turned into the proper
proc with the proper permissions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated