NTWDBLIB.DLL

Post by Scott Shiple » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:49:10

Trying to get info on updating the NTWDBLIB.DLL file.  I have a user with
SQL Server 6.5 installed on a Win 2k Pro workstation and when using Sybase
Power Builder 6.5 and or 7, they get an error that when we looked into the
PowerBuilder Knowledge Base, references that the NTWDBLIB.DLL file is out of
date.  We went to update the file with a newer version, however, we can't
register the newer file and it won't run when we just replace the older
version with the newer version.

Any ideas?

--
Scott "Scooter" Shipley

NTWDBLIB.DLL

Post by Carl Helle » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 06:21:53

Is your PBMSS60.dll file up to date?

Carl.

Quote:> Trying to get info on updating the NTWDBLIB.DLL file.  I have a user with
> SQL Server 6.5 installed on a Win 2k Pro workstation and when using Sybase
> Power Builder 6.5 and or 7, they get an error that when we looked into the
> PowerBuilder Knowledge Base, references that the NTWDBLIB.DLL file is out
of
> date.  We went to update the file with a newer version, however, we can't
> register the newer file and it won't run when we just replace the older
> version with the newer version.

> Any ideas?

> --
> Scott "Scooter" Shipley

1. ntwdblib.dll vs sqlsrv32.dll (native driver vs ODBC driver)

It seems to me that the current ntwdblib.dll with MS SQL Server 7 CD
(beta 3) is not compatiable with MS SQL Server 7.  If a table has nchar,
nvarchar, or ntext data type field, the application used the
ntwdblib.dll will not work properly.  For example, the following simple
statemet cannot be executed successfully:

Select * from TableWithNTextField

However, an application used Sqlsrv32.dll will work fine.

In the past, isqlw.exe used ntwdblib.dll but the new isqlw.exe (with MS
SQL Server 7 beta 3 CD) uses sqlsrv32.dll.  What is the reason for the
change?  I cannot find the type definitions of nvarchar, nchar and ntext
in the new sqlfront.h, which defines the types of varchar, char and
ntext.  When I used the dbcolinfo to get the data type info for nchar
field, the reture value is 0x2f, which is just char data type.  So,
ntwdblib.dll is either not upgraded or cannot support the new MS SQL
Server anymore.

Can any one shed some light one my problem?  Thanks in advance.

Tao Lin

2. Restoring OLAP db from batch file & DTS

3. NTWDBLIB.DLL

4. Replicating existing data

5. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

6. SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS NEEDED IN DENVER

7. ntwdblib.dll (Native vs. ODBC driver)

8. Allow updation to a table through SPs only.....how?

9. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

10. What is NTWDBLIB.DLL

11. ntwdblib.dll

12. Bug - NTWDBLIB.DLL