Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000

Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000

Post by ABO Softwar » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:54:38

Environment : VC++ 6.0 / Windows 2000 / ADO / SQL Server 2000

hi all ,

The problem described below occurs only with a machine in which
SQL Server 2000 is installed on a Windows 2000 Server .
With SQL Server 2000 on NT Server i am not facing any such issue.

I have changed my client network settings to
make TCP/IP Sockets as my default communication protocol
with SQL Server from the clients .
My application and the SQL Server reside on the
same machine and it gives problems in multithreaded environment ,
the scenario is as follows..

I have a multithreaded application which is running three
threads concurrently. All the threads have thier own ADO
connection objects. And when they try to open
the database Connection two of the three connection obects
are unable to make the connection .
The following error is reported..

Error Number [-2147467259] Error Description [[Microsoft]
[ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error.
Check your network documentation.]

The Following Code is snippet shows how the ADOConnection is openned.

 hr = m_pADOConnection->put_ConnectionString(bstrConnString);

 // the connection string contains Provider name = SQLOLEDB,
 // Server name , Catalogue , USername , password.

 if( SUCCEEDED(hr) )
  hr = m_pADOConnection->put_Mode(adModeShareDenyNone);

 if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
  hr = m_pADOConnection->Open(bstrEmpty,bstrEmpty,bstrEmpty,-1);
      // open the database

What is that i need to do to make it work with multiple threads?

regards,
aditya

Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000

Post by Donna Lambert [M » Sat, 04 May 2002 04:00:54

Aditya,
You will really want to post your question under the ADO newsgroup, or
possibly under the VB newsgroup as it pertains specifically to coding.
Thanks
Donna Lambert
Microsoft SQL Server Support
Disclaimer:

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Recent viruses on the Internet underscore the threat to all computer users
and highlight challenges facing the entire industry in providing security
that everyone needs to conduct business. I encourage you to sign up to
receive automatic notification of Microsoft Security Bulletins by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
bulletin/notify.asp. For more information on security, our Strategic
Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security. We will be happy to answer
any questions or provide assistance with your security needs.

--------------------

| Subject: Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000
| Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:24:38 +0530

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect
|
| Environment : VC++ 6.0 / Windows 2000 / ADO / SQL Server 2000
|
| hi all ,
|
| The problem described below occurs only with a machine in which
| SQL Server 2000 is installed on a Windows 2000 Server .
| With SQL Server 2000 on NT Server i am not facing any such issue.
|
| I have changed my client network settings to
| make TCP/IP Sockets as my default communication protocol
| with SQL Server from the clients .
| My application and the SQL Server reside on the
| same machine and it gives problems in multithreaded environment ,
| the scenario is as follows..
|
| I have a multithreaded application which is running three
| threads concurrently. All the threads have thier own ADO
| connection objects. And when they try to open
| the database Connection two of the three connection obects
| are unable to make the connection .
| The following error is reported..
|
| Error Number [-2147467259] Error Description [[Microsoft]
| [ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error.
| Check your network documentation.]
|
| The Following Code is snippet shows how the ADOConnection is openned.
|

|  hr = m_pADOConnection->put_ConnectionString(bstrConnString);
|
|  // the connection string contains Provider name = SQLOLEDB,
|  // Server name , Catalogue , USername , password.
|
|  if( SUCCEEDED(hr) )
|   hr = m_pADOConnection->put_Mode(adModeShareDenyNone);
|
|  if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
|   hr = m_pADOConnection->Open(bstrEmpty,bstrEmpty,bstrEmpty,-1);
|       // open the database
|

| What is that i need to do to make it work with multiple threads?
|
| regards,
| aditya

Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000

Post by larry » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:42:52

Curious ... I'm seeing the same error on occasion. Did you ever find a
solution to the TCP/IP error?

Thanks

Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000

Post by larry » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:40:08

Originally posted by Abo Software

Quote:> Environment : VC++ 6.0 / Windows 2000 / ADO / SQL Server 2000

Post by X. Ro » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:21:50

> Curious ... I'm seeing the same error on occasion. Did you ever find a
> solution to the TCP/IP error?

> Thanks

I just got the error message. Our problem is because the server was
down. Once we reboot the machine, everything is fine.

1. installing SQL Server 2000 in windows 2000 OS through Telnet problem

Installing SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2003 through Telnet:

1.We manually installed SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2003.
It creates a silent file called "setup.iss."

2.Using this silent file and executing the following
command from command prompt, installed SQL Server 2000 in
Windows 2003 successfully
start /wait C:\SQLSERVER2000\x86\setup\setupsql.exe -s -m -
SMS -f1 C:\setup.iss

3. when I'm trying to install through Telnet from another
machine using the same command, only one file is creating
at the target machine, under Microsoft SQL Server -->
MSSQL --->sqlsunin.ini
and the Installation fails.

Same command working fine in windows 2000, only failing in
windows 2003

kindly help me to resolve this issue

2. Transactional Replication Problem

3. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

4. Column names as variables

5. Update NT4.0 and SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2000 and SQL Server 2000

6. PL-SQL Web Toolkit - Problem with HTP.Prints

7. SQL Server 2000 Standard Ed, Windows 2000 Server, and web site

8. Win95 net files conflict PDox5

9. SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with 2 IP numbers

10. Migration to Windows 2000 Advanced server + SQL Server 2000

11. SQL Server 2000 in the Enterprise on Windows 2000 Server

12. SQL Server 2000 behaviour is different in Server 2000 and Windows NT Workstation

13. Connectivity from XP Pro to SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server