ODBC errors when trying to log IIS access data to a SQL server.

ODBC errors when trying to log IIS access data to a SQL server.

Post by ADB Enhete » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying to write the IIS logfiles to a SQL database. But When I try to
> create the tables from the "Create Microsoft Internet Information Server
> Log Table" page I get the following error:
> "Error Performing Query

> ?[State=08001][Error=1326][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).
> ?[State=01000][Error=1326][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()). "

> This is what I'm running.

> One Intel PC with NT 4.0 SP 3 and SQL 6.5 and SP 3. I have installed the
> Network Protocolls TCP/IP and Named Pipes.

> The web server is running on a Alpha NT 4.0 SP3 IIS 3.0. I have also
> installed a System DSN with the SQL Server version 2.65.0252. The ODBC
> connection seems to work fine. If I use ODBCPING /D(and the name of the
> DSN) i get a positive reply.

> Any ideas what could be wrong?

> Regards,

> Tomas.

Some more info.

If I turn of the named Pipe protocoll in SQL setup I get an error message
from ODBCPING saying:

"COULD NOT CONNECT TO SQL SERVER

SQLState: 08001  Native Error: 6
Info. Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Specified SQL
server not found.

SQLState: 01000  Native Error: 2
Info. Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen
(CreateFile())."

According to that message it looks like it is trying to use Named Pipes
[dbnmpntw]. Why is that? Do I need to configure something else to make it
work via TCP/IP. Ordinary ping works fine.

Please, ive some hints on what to do.

Regards,

Tomas Appelgren,
 Digital Equipment AB.

1. SQL Server ODBC access via IIS web page errors

I have a web page that uses a simple "IDC" query to retrieve information
from a SQL server database.  This has been in production for about 6 months
with no problems (on IIS3).

Last week I decided to replace my aging Alpha server with a new Intel box.
I installed NT and IIS4.  I moved all the pages from the old server to the
new one.  Now I get this error about half the time with these IDC pages:

[State=08S01][Error=4][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][DBNMPNTW]Connection broken.
[State=01000][Error=6][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][DBNMPNTW]ConnectionTransact (GetOverLappedResult()).

Then I can "refresh" the view on the page, and the query returns correctly.

I found a kb article that talks about problems with named pipes under
certain circumstances, so I tried moving the whole thing to sockets, and I
also tried multiprotocol.  With both of these approaches, The server pages
work flawlessly when viewed by the browser on the server, but other browsers
say there is an ODBC  time out error when trying to access the pages.

2. performance issues.

3. Error when trying to log on to an access database(not with odbc)

4. *** STUMPED *** Graphics

5. Problems with ODBC->SQL Server with IIS Logging

6. Puzzling OLAP problem - help !!!

7. ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error

8. Personal Oracle 7 Installation [1/1]

9. what is ODBC ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]I/O error 23

10. IIS ODBC Logging Error

11. trying to access SQL Server 7.0 from Java through jdbc:odbc

12. ODBC connect from IIS server to Access server

13. Trying to connect to SQL Server from an ASP with IIS 4.0