Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

Post by Bria » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:14:45

I am having trouble setting up a System DSN in ODBC
Administrator.  I go through all of the setup steps,
including test connection (successful), but after
finishing, the DSN is not listed in the list of System
DSN's.  But each time I try to manually set it up, I am
prompted by the system asking if I want to overwrite the
existing DSN, so it is detecting the previous setup.  THis
then led me to the Registry where I did find a folder with
the ODBC files.  I deleted these from the Registry, tried
again, with the same results.

This is on an XP Pro laptop connecting to a SQL 2000
Server,  I am using the Administrators UN & PW to access
the laptop.  I have setup several other laptops in
this environment (some W2K, some XP Pro) without problems,
but this one is giving me headaches.  Any ideas what might
be causing this?  Thanks.

Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

Post by Allen Cu » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:24:32

I have seen this problem and think you are in right direction. Just
wonder that have you re-start your machine after remove the entries
from registry.

Quote:> I am having trouble setting up a System DSN in ODBC
> Administrator.  I go through all of the setup steps,
> including test connection (successful), but after
> finishing, the DSN is not listed in the list of System
> DSN's.  But each time I try to manually set it up, I am
> prompted by the system asking if I want to overwrite the
> existing DSN, so it is detecting the previous setup.  THis
> then led me to the Registry where I did find a folder with
> the ODBC files.  I deleted these from the Registry, tried
> again, with the same results.

> This is on an XP Pro laptop connecting to a SQL 2000
> Server,  I am using the Administrators UN & PW to access
> the laptop.  I have setup several other laptops in
> this environment (some W2K, some XP Pro) without problems,
> but this one is giving me headaches.  Any ideas what might
> be causing this?  Thanks.

1. Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

I am having trouble setting up a System DSN in ODBC
Administrator.  I go through all of the setup steps,
including test connection (successful), but after
finishing, the DSN is not listed in the list of System
DSN's.  THis is on an XP Pro laptop connecting to a SQL
2000 Server,  I am using the Administrators UN & PW to
access the laptop.  I have setup several other laptops in
this environment (some W2K, some XP Pro) without problems,
but this one is giving me headaches.  Any ideas what might
be causing this?  Thanks.

2. ODBC Connection - Timout expired

3. SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

4. Is this a dead newsgroup?

5. no user, system or file DSN in odbc administrator

6. SQL DMO DTS connection

7. SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

8. Array

9. ODBC DSN disappear from the system DSN tab

10. Creating ODBC System DSN by using ODBC API ?

11. Add a DSN to the ODBC Administrator

12. Convert system DSN to file DSN