DTS error ("catastrophic error")

Post by Eugene Jenkin » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:40:26

I have been trying for over a year to move data from SQLBase to SQL Server
using DTS.  Everything appears to work great until I click on the finish
button in the DTS wizard, then I get an error.  When I double click the
error it says, "catastrophic error" follow by an error message "error during
initialization of the provider".  While setting up the transfer in DTS I can
preview the SQL Base data and everthing appears fine.  The new tables are
created in SQL Server--the error occurs at the time the data is to be
transferred.  I have tried both Intersolv and Centura ODBC drivers.  I am
using SQL 7 (SP3) on Windows 2000.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Or, please tell me where I might go to pay a consultant.  I have given up.

Thanks,
Eugene Jenkins

1. "Catastrophic Failure" error 65535

Hello.

I am facing a strange problem. I am using ADO to do a lot
of table operations, maily "SELECT", "INSERT"
and "UPDATE" statements. These operations are repeatedly
run for a large number of different inputs. The driving
program crashes on Windows XP with a "Catastophic
Failure".

I found an article on the web mentioning "Catastrphic
Failure": Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 243349.

Since this article is old, I am not sure if the same
error is applicable to Windows XP for SQL Server 2000. I
tried taking the MDAC download version available on
Microsoft Download Site. Still the problem refuses to go
away.

Is there a chance that the same error could have re-
surfaced or is my problem possibly due to some other
reason?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shridhar

2. SQL won't use index

3. DTS package "unspecified error" in designer

4. Application Roles and Distributed Query Security Question????

5. DTS "Context in use .." error message

6. newbie 9i architecture quesiton

7. "Unspecified Error" in DTS

8. Combining two sets of .DDF files into one.

9. DTS error "The parameter is incorrect"

10. "Unspecified Error" on DTS Lookup

11. "DTS Designer Error" when opening package

12. dts "legal" error and shedul

13. DTS "Binding Information" error