Local Cubes Using Excel 2000 Beta

Post by Claudiu » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Has anybody managed to create a local cube using EXCEL 2000 (beta) after
setting up a Pivot Table report using OLAP Services linking into a SQL
Server 7.0 mart?

According to the documentation a "Client/Server" menu item should appear on
the Pivot Wizard with an option to save a local ".cub" from a generated
Pivot Report in EXCEL 2000.

I have created a report, but there is no option to save to a local cube from
the Pivot Report wizard.

Thanks in advance.

Claudius

1. Local cubes in Excel 2000 using AS

Please forgive me if this post repeats. I sent one several hours ago
and it vanished.

We would like to do following:

- Send cub file over email or ftp to users who are not on network.
- who will create their own pivotable based reports using this cub
file.
- periodically email new cub files drawn from same cube with new
members/data

Question:
Can users just refresh their data by pointing to cube file and not
have to recreate their worksheets?.

Reason I am asking is sometimes Excel reports an error ' organisation
has changed...' and refuses to fetch or refresh the pivot-table with
new cube file.
Which is the safer way - just delete the old cub and copy over the new
one with same name? Use another cub file name and point to that one?

rgds

Ganesh

2. log file

3. Local CUBE files and Excel 2000

4. SQL statement Delete Help

5. Create Local Cubes with Excel 2000

6. driver: 1.02.1403 errormessage : No call to JetPrepareUpdate

7. SQL Server OLAP and Excel 2000 Local cubes

8. Foreign Key Issues

9. Connection to cube fails using Excel 2000, Brio fails

10. Saving an offline cube using Excel 2000/2002

11. Local cube from local cube

12. excel - local cubes - calculated members

13. Local Cubes - EXCEL PivotTable