Replication: Snapshot agent is failing

Post by Raj Gil » Mon, 23 Sep 2002 07:13:04

Hi Peter,
Stop the snapshot process. In processes tab see snapshot.exe and stop it.

rgill

Quote:> Hi there,

> have to setup a test environment. 2 SLQ Server 2000,
> published the database (about 10 gig). Now replication
> monitor shows error:
> snapshot    retrying     Another snapshot agent for the
> publication is running,
> but there isn't any.
> Other db's are running fine.

> Any ideas? Thanks in advance

> regards
> Peter

Replication: Snapshot agent is failing

Post by pete » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:06:14

First of all thanks for advise, but took already a look
there but there was just on agent running.

regards
peter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Peter,
>Stop the snapshot process. In processes tab see

snapshot.exe and stop it.

>rgill

>> Hi there,

>> have to setup a test environment. 2 SLQ Server 2000,
>> published the database (about 10 gig). Now replication
>> monitor shows error:
>> snapshot    retrying     Another snapshot agent for the
>> publication is running,
>> but there isn't any.
>> Other db's are running fine.

>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance

>> regards
>> Peter

>.

1. Merge Replication - SNAPSHOT agent fails with sa login

Hi,

Would greatly appreciate a tip on how to troubleshoot this bug
with the signin.

I looked at the properties for the SQL SERVER AGENT and the
user was  domain\sqladmin

In Replication Monitor on the Publishing Server NTSERVER6
Publishers
        NTSERVER6
                Publication1
                Publication2
                Publicationn

Each of these levels has a RED X Icon to indicate failure.

Snapshot Agent Error Details

        Publisher: NTSERVER6

        Last Action: The process could not connect to Publisher NTSERVER6

        Full Error Message:  Lgoin failed for user 'sa'

Appreciate some tip on WHERE the sa login is used during this process
or how to resolve this.

Thanks, Paul

2. dBASE IV

3. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

4. MS Visual Studio Installer 1.1 Problem creating shortcut to exe

5. Snapshot Agent Failing on SQL7 Server

6. Where can I get a SQL server license cheap? Worth it?

7. Snapshot agent failing

8. Can't register MSDE in enterprise manager.

9. Merge Agent fails propagating the snapshot

10. The process could not create file - Snapshot Agent fails

11. Snapshot agent fails

12. Snapshot agent opened from command line, fails to close

13. Snapshot agent fails to bulk copy