the MSDE service does not start automatically...

the MSDE service does not start automatically...

Post by Amit Dedh » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:42:48

Hi

I am installing MSDE 2000 on a machine by calling setup.exe from
another process (exe). After MSDE is installed successfully, the MSDE
service does not start automatically. For any database operation, it
gives an error "SqL server access denied" ... I have to explicitly run
sqlservr.exe in the Binn directory and then proceed... can I start
this service automatically by passing command line parameter to the
setup.exe OR by pre-configuring the setup.ini file..

happy xmas and new yr

thanks and regards
Amit Dedhia

the MSDE service does not start automatically...

Post by xAvai » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:48:15

Amit:

You might try using "Net Start MyService" to start the MSDE Service.
Similarly you can use the "Net Stop MyService" to stop it.

Hope that helps.

BZ

> Hi

> I am installing MSDE 2000 on a machine by calling setup.exe from
> another process (exe). After MSDE is installed successfully, the MSDE
> service does not start automatically. For any database operation, it
> gives an error "SqL server access denied" ... I have to explicitly run
> sqlservr.exe in the Binn directory and then proceed... can I start
> this service automatically by passing command line parameter to the
> setup.exe OR by pre-configuring the setup.ini file..

> happy xmas and new yr

> thanks and regards
> Amit Dedhia

1. SQL Server 2000 service not automatically starting

On a windows 2000 professional with SP1 that has SQL 2000 installed the sql
server service does not automatically start even though the auto start with
os is ticked. The service can be started by the user.
The tick box has been de-selected and then selected after restarting the pc.
All the other SQL services start automatically.

Is there some other settings which need to be set to allow the sql server
service to start automatically?

2. Error Trapping

3. Service did not start after WinNT starts

4. WebServer - LiveHTML

5. OEM not working, Service not start!!

6. Indiana Sybase User's Group Meeting April 23

7. SQL 7.0 Service Manager error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure

8. Text files

9. Automatically starting jobs not working

10. Starting MSDE as service in all platforms

11. Database not starting automatically (Win NT)

12. SQL server (MSDE) can not be started after machine was renamed

13. MSDE 2000 SP1 Service Manager Shortcut Not Installed from Merge Modules