Free space and used space.

Post by Keni » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all!

I would like to know how I can obtain the space free and the space used from
one database device. I have already tried to take the select in the SQL
Trace, but I didn't get  a suitable result. Do you have any idea?

Thanks for the attention. :))

Bye.
Kenia.

Free space and used space.

Post by Tony Rogerso » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This shows database space utilisation free and used. You can also use it to
see table space usage

--
Hope the above helps.

Tony Rogerson  MCP, SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.

1. How go query Database Free Space or Used Space via T-SQL

Hy

I need to get some values out of a MSSQL 7 server

with

select sum(size*8) from sysfiles where sysfiles.groupid = 1

I get the size of all the Datafiles of a specific database .. this works
but now I need either the used space or free space of that database.

I havent found an entry in a sys table which holds this information.

Anyone has a hint for me how to get this value via T-SQL?

Thanks for any help.

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger

2. How is NUMBER datatype stored ?

3. how to extract the free space and used space at page level

4. Problem connecting under Windows 95

5. Oracle Free Space or Space used - DBA (now index space usage)

6. TAPESIZE : Compressed or Uncompressed ??

7. Calculating used space and free space in a file

8. DATABASE UPDATE PROBLEMS

9. How to calculate the exact used space and free space at page level (2K)

10. Oracle Free Space or Space used - DBA

11. How to calculate the exact used space and free space at

12. Disk space - determining free disk space

13. Lost in space/space lost, a space management problem