export/import to/from XML file

Post by yingzhang_9 » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:09:04

Is there anyone know how to export data to a XML file or
import data from a XML file directly?

Any help is appreciated.

Ying

export/import to/from XML file

Post by Olaf Conij » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:42:38

exporting is easy, checkout BOL on "FOR XML"

export/import to/from XML file

Post by Chris Comb » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:36:09

Importing is a different matter, unless you use C# or let
bulkload create its own tables.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>exporting is easy, checkout BOL on "FOR XML"

***
>.

1. Import/Export XML formatted files

I need to import an XML file(s) into SQL Server, and
subsequently export data in an xml format from SQL
Server.  I tried using the DTS import/export text file
facility, but was very surprised that there weren't any
options for an xml formatted text file.  Am I missing
something?  I find it nearly impossible to believe that
SQL Server 2000 doesn't have a native means of importing
and exporting from/to an xml formatted file.  Can anyone
suggest a means of accomplishing my objective?

I'm running SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP.

2. Oracle/Forms Development, Testing, Consultancy, London

3. Exporting and Importing XML file using ADO

4. ADO, ACESS and problems with memory

5. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard

6. Modify Column

7. Import/Export(XML) MSSQL from/to Microsoft Access

8. Greater than 255 fields

9. xml schema import and export tool ?

10. ADO recordset import/export to XML

11. .XML export and import