Disk space a table/tables are using.

Post by J » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:20:26

Hope Everybody has a great weekend!

Can anyone tell me how to find out what table is taking up the most amount
of disk space in a database or how to get a listing of table and their disk
space useage?

Thanks in advance

Disk space a table/tables are using.

Post by Anith Se » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:23:46

Try sp_spaceused

--
- Anith

Disk space a table/tables are using.

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:29:34

Hi,

By script....
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sp_show_biggest_tables.htm

GUI
In enterprise manager select 'taskpad' view for the database.Click on table
info .

Dinesh
SQL Server FAQ at
www.tkdinesh.com

Quote:> Hope Everybody has a great weekend!

> Can anyone tell me how to find out what table is taking up the most amount
> of disk space in a database or how to get a listing of table and their
disk
> space useage?

> Thanks in advance

Disk space a table/tables are using.

Post by J » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 04:08:43

thanks.  That was exactly what I needed

Quote:> Hope Everybody has a great weekend!

> Can anyone tell me how to find out what table is taking up the most amount
> of disk space in a database or how to get a listing of table and their
disk
> space useage?

> Thanks in advance

1. The disk space used by a certain table??!!

Answers embedded

The number of used blocks (extrapolated, as you only sampled 20 percent)
The former is in use the latter is allocated

No,  this formula will not return the used space as the row overhead is not
included.

avg_row_len is the average length of an individual, single, row, not of all
rows. Hence it is normal to be small

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

2. Delphi 3 Pro->32bit ODBC->Sybase=ERRORS!

3. Disk space - determining free disk space

4. DISPLAY Enviroment Variable

5. Not Enough Disk Space to Restructure Table -- Error Message

6. compression & SQL-Server

7. Disk space taking up by tables

8. pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt datetime.c

9. ** Recovering Disk Space: Deleted records in tables **

10. Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space

11. which table am I using ?

12. Can I add coulmn in my existing table which i am using for replication

13. I am having a problem with a hard disk drive or floppy disk drive