Updating SQL linked table via Access

Post by Erez Sada » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am using Access 97 as front end interface and I am not able to update a
linked SQL 7 table (ODBC connection).
I can view the table or run a query on it but not update.
I have checked the permissions and it seems to be Ok and
I do have an Index on the SQL table.....
I even tried new ODBC drivers but it didn't help.
Does any one know what can be the reason?

Erez.

Updating SQL linked table via Access

Post by Andre Guerrer » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You must have a primary key on the sql table.  Build one, then relink
your Access table and you should be fine.

Andre

> I am using Access 97 as front end interface and I am not able to update a
> linked SQL 7 table (ODBC connection).
> I can view the table or run a query on it but not update.
> I have checked the permissions and it seems to be Ok and
> I do have an Index on the SQL table.....
> I even tried new ODBC drivers but it didn't help.
> Does any one know what can be the reason?

> Erez.

1. Updating SQL linked table via Access

I am using Access 97 as front end interface and I am not able to update a
linked SQL 7 table (ODBC connection).
I can view the table or run a query on it but not update.
I have checked the permissions and it seems to be Ok and
I do have an Index on the SQL table.....
I even tried new ODBC drivers but it didn't help.
Does any one know what can be the reason?

Erez.

.

2. A single to multi question...

3. Deleting users in Sybase

4. Updating SQL linked table via Access.

5. Modifying SQL query for security?? What is your opinion?

6. Preventing table update when linking oracle database table to access via ODBC

7. syntax help

8. Linking to Access table via BDE via ODBC

9. Insert JPG in SQL via ODBC linked table in Access fails

10. Linking Access table to SQL via VB

11. updating visual foxpro tables via Linked server

12. Cannot UPDATE Linked SQL Server Table in Access