sql 6.5 ado using vb6 trusted connection failure

sql 6.5 ado using vb6 trusted connection failure

Post by atrigue.. » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:07:37

By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
connection string I have been using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

Thanks
AW

sql 6.5 ado using vb6 trusted connection failure

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:56:53

AW,
Try removing the User ID and Password from the connection
string.

--Sue

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:07:37 GMT,

>By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
>Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
>trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
>consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
>connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
>and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
>connection string I have been using:

>Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
>Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

>Thanks
>AW

1. ado vb6 sql 6.5 trusted connect failure

By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
connection string I have been using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

Thanks
AW

2. Another EVA question

3. vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5

4. insert trouble

5. vb6 ado sql 6.5 trusted connect fails

6. SQL*loader, Direct vs Conventional

7. Trusted connection to SQL Server 6.5 using DB-Library

8. Spanish or spanish//english dictionary wanted...

9. SQL 6.5: Problem using Multi-domains and Trusted Connection

10. Trusted connection with Netware and SQL Server 6.5

11. Trusted Connections with Netware and SQL Server 6.5

12. sql server 6.5 registration with Trusted connection fails

13. Trusted connections with Netware and SQL Server 6.5