Query analyser, no results

Post by Boah » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:25:11

Hello,

When I use the like command in the Query analyser I get no results.
Here is my query:

SELECT ModuleID FROM Announcements

UNION

SELECT ModuleID FROM Contacts

Is there something wron with my query?
Or is there something wrong with the tool query analyzer?

And yes, I it has to give me more than one result.

Thanks,
Boah

Query analyser, no results

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:51:23

Refer to this example:

use pubs
go

--this fails (for the same reason your query fails)

--this works

--this works too

select * from authors

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

> Hello,

> When I use the like command in the Query analyser I get no results.
> Here is my query:

> SELECT ModuleID FROM Announcements

> UNION

> SELECT ModuleID FROM Contacts

> Is there something wron with my query?
> Or is there something wrong with the tool query analyzer?

> And yes, I it has to give me more than one result.

> Thanks,
> Boah

1. way to keep the results in query analyser results pane across multiple runs

I perpetually am running long scripts in query analyzer.  I highlight
1 or 2 sql statements, hit f5 and then copy & paste the results to a
word document to keep a log.  Then if the results meet a certain
criteria, repeat this process perhaps 30 times copying & pasting each
time.  I would like to be able to copy & paste the results of the
entire sql script 1 time, but each time I hit f5, the results pane is
cleared.  This means I have to do hundreds of copy pastes each week.

I have searched high & low for an option in query analyser that
prevents it from auto clearing the results pane each time I hit the
run button, but have found nothing.  I also could not find any
alternative software package that allows for saving the results in the
results pane across multiple runs.    Does anyone know how I can find
a way to keep the results in the results pane across multiple runs
either in query analyser or some other querying tool?  The other
option I have is re-writing hundreds of sql scripts.  I don't want to
go that route if I don't have to.

Much Appreciated

2. Vb cbo box and also Access 7.0 Autonumber Index Help!?

3. Different query results between ODBC and Enterprise Manager Query Analyser

4. PLEASE HELP!!!!

5. Trace Result in Query Analyser

6. Tabular Report

7. Query Analyser incorrectly displays results

8. mapping problem

9. Query Analyser Results Format Question

10. Inconsistant results from Query Analyser?

11. Hierarchical result in query analyser

12. No Results in Query Analyser

13. Query Analyser firing off multi connections on single query