Can I use result set of Extended Procedure?

Can I use result set of Extended Procedure?

Post by kizm » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:02:06

I added extended procedure "xp_gettable_dblib"

(what is in Extended procedure samples..)

It returned all result set of inputted table.

Can I use it, the returned result set of extended procedure, in SQL
sentence?

(like normal table..)

And, if I use the result set like that way, what should I do?

(and is it possible?)

Can I use result set of Extended Procedure?

Post by Anith Se » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:03:05

Create a #temp table, use

INSERT #temp
EXEC master..xp_gettable_dblib

SELECT * FROM #temp

--
- Anith

Can I use result set of Extended Procedure?

Post by tanner » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:46:52

Kizmo,

If you work on SQL 2K and manage to write you xp procedure in a
function, you can use your function as you use a table.

Unfortunately the SELECT INTO doesn't work on a procedure, that's the
reason why you should first create the table

Hope this helps.

Alexandre Tanner