way to extract table from incomplete backup

way to extract table from incomplete backup

Post by chri » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:26:27

Hi,

anyone know of a way to extract a table from incomplete
backup.

thanks, appreciate all helps

way to extract table from incomplete backup

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:01:51

I doubt you will get much on that but your best bet would be to call MS PSS.

--
Andrew J. Kelly   SQL MVP
Targitinteractive, Inc.

Quote:> Hi,

> anyone know of a way to extract a table from incomplete
> backup.

> thanks, appreciate all helps

way to extract table from incomplete backup

Post by Allan Mitche » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 04:31:08

The only way I can think of is

Pray and call PSS.

Allan
www.SQLDTS.com

Quote:>Hi,

>anyone know of a way to extract a table from incomplete
>backup.

>thanks, appreciate all helps

Allan Mitchell
www.SQLDTS.com

way to extract table from incomplete backup

Post by Steve Janse » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:09:44

Another option might be Lumigent's SQL Server LogExplorer.  In most
scenarios, you can roll back a mistaken transaction with the transaction log
(.LDF file only), regardless of a backup.

Be forewarned, though, it is not cheap.

--

-Steve Jansen
Byte Interactive

Quote:> Hi,

> anyone know of a way to extract a table from incomplete
> backup.

> thanks, appreciate all helps

way to extract table from incomplete backup

Post by Allan Mitche » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 07:44:31

Steve

I took it from the original post that all we had was a .bak file ( and
a corrupted one at that) i.e no database.

Allan
www.SQLDTS.com

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:09:44 -0400, "Steve Jansen"

>Another option might be Lumigent's SQL Server LogExplorer.  In most
>scenarios, you can roll back a mistaken transaction with the transaction log
>(.LDF file only), regardless of a backup.

>Be forewarned, though, it is not cheap.

>--

>-Steve Jansen
>Byte Interactive

>> Hi,

>> anyone know of a way to extract a table from incomplete
>> backup.

>> thanks, appreciate all helps

Allan Mitchell
www.SQLDTS.com

1. tools extract one table from legato backup

I am looking for tool or script to extract table's data and schema from
legato backup..

Pls. help me out

thanks
rama

"WorldSecure Server <safeway.com>" made the following
 annotations on 02/06/02 12:48:10
Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.  This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.

2. Same / Different databases

3. Is an Intentional Incomplete Backup Recoverable?

4. SQL cluster

5. Incomplete datafile after restore from tape backup

6. Are Views allowed on Linked Servers ?

7. Incomplete backup and recovery question

8. list of stored procedures

9. Backup set name ***incomplete***

10. Ent.Mgr: Table Info incomplete

11. incomplete transaction keeps table locked?

12. incomplete returns on simple queries to a large table

13. incomplete scan of tables with cursor