Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

Post by Rashi Gajul » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:35:17

Hi,

I am using DSO via interop.
I am running Sqlserver 2k sp2 and Analysis server 8.0 sp2

I have added the IUSER_SERVERNAME to the local OLAP administrator's group.
When I try to connect I get the following error.

My code
dsoServer.Connect("LocalHost")
Error - "Unable to connect to the registry on the server(MyServerName), or
you are not a member of the OLAP administrators group on this server.

I am using Anonymous access, and my Windows.GetCurrent users shows the IUSER

Please help. I have tried giving IUSER permissions to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLAP Server and also ensured that OLAP
administrators has permissions to this share (..\Microsoft Analysis
Services\bin\msmdrep.mdb).  per your prior post.

 I really don't know what to do next.

Thank you..
Rashi

Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

Post by linda deng[M » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 11:08:37

Hi Rashi,

If you have verified that the user is a member of the OLAPAdmin group and
has full control permission on the registry key and its subkeys and the
share, then the group may be corrupted. You can try to uninstall the
Analysis Services and remove the OLAPAdmin group, then reinstall Analysis
Services to resolve this issue.

Another possible cause is the operating system version. Does the operating
system on the machine where the Analysis Service resides support the server
components? For example, Windows 2000 professional only can be used as an
Analysis Service client. Use it as a server is not supported. For more
information, please refer to Microsoft SQL Server Books Online with keyword
'Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing Analysis Services' as
the search topic.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

1. Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

Just installed Analysis Servises on my XP machine and
initially had no problems connecting to the Analysis
Server (on the same local machine)but now a few days
later I get the error message:
"Unable to connect to the registry on the server or you
are not a member of the OLAP administrators group on this
server".

Initially this was fixed by rebooting the machine several
times until it connected, but now it only seems to work
the first time after a reinstallation of Analysis
services.

I would greatly appreciate any advice
Thanks

2. Connectivity problem : client with NAT 1-1

3. Unable to connect to the registry of the Analysis Server

4. ?? FPW2.6 Read data from serial port???

5. unable to connect to the registry on the server

6. SQL Server 7 Licenses

7. Modifying Paradox table with Delphi code

8. Unable to connect to registry on server

9. Analysis Services. SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services

10. Unable to register server in Analysis service

11. Unable to connect to Analysis Server

12. Unable to connect to analysis server