sql connection problem

Post by Shmuel Cohe » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:11:17

i install the sqlserver on a computer.
now i have a dsn of the table pubs , and i tried with this dsn to access the
sqlserver but he says me :
sqlserver does not exist or access is denied.
i connect with this
String adress=("Provider= SQLOLEDB; DSN= test;uid=sa;pwd=pass");

this.myConnection=new OleDbConnection(adress);

sql connection problem

Post by Kevin Sun [M » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:46:49

If you are trying to connect to SQL db through DSN, the provider is not
necessary, try to have a look at the following link:

Connecting to a SQL Server Data Source
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ados...
rg01_0ahx.asp

This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

--------------------

| Subject: sql connection problem
| Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:11:17 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect
|
| i install the sqlserver on a computer.
| now i have a dsn of the table pubs , and i tried with this dsn to access
the
| sqlserver but he says me :
| sqlserver does not exist or access is denied.
| i connect with this
| String adress=("Provider= SQLOLEDB; DSN= test;uid=sa;pwd=pass");
|
| this.myConnection=new OleDbConnection(adress);

1. MS-SQL connection problem

I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
MSSQLServer section.

Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

Chris

3. sql connection problems

4. Q: When do I have to partition my cube?

5. SQL connection problem with XP

6. Simple Question for Pdox7

7. SP2 - IIS & SQL Connection problem

8. How to retrieve numbers after a dash (-)?

9. SQL connection problem under NT.

10. SQL CONNECTION PROBLEMS

11. SQL connection problem

12. win2000 sql connection problem