How to tell if user exists on db

Post by Jim Elde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:01:42

How can I tell if a user exists on a given db, via SQL?

Thanks!
Jim

How to tell if user exists on db

Post by DineshT » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:11:28

Hi Jim,

SELECT NAME FROM SYSUSERS.

HTH
Dinesh.

How to tell if user exists on db

Post by Umachandar Jayachandra » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:26:16

    Use "sp_helpuser" output to find that out.

--
Umachandar Jayachandran
SQL Resources at http://www.umachandar.com/resources.htm

1. mssql server 7 adding existing users to new DB

I'm new to db management, but the job I'm at right now requires me to
learn it yesterday.  Please go easy on this poor boy. :)

msSQl server 7 --- i have 40 databases and I've added a 41st.  All of
these database are copies of each other, except for differnt datebase
names.  Only a select group of people access these data bases, about
60 or so.  I need to add this group of people to the new 41st database
so they can access this new bank.  The only way I can think of doing
this is to manualy add each user in Enterprise Manager(ugh).

Is there a way I can create a group of users and add that group to the
database?

Is this where I need to look into Roles?

What query should I be reading up on that I can just replay, with
modifications, the next time I need to add the same users to a new
database?

Any thoughts or links would be wonderful.

Thanks waaaay in advance.

Todd

2. Sql 7 Stored procedures and Default Values

3. User Already Exists in DB bla

4. VB6/SQL Server 7 problem - VB Data Environment

5. How do I tell if an existing informix table is a virtual tabl

6. AP and 1.44 floppies

7. How to tell if a given index exists on a table

8. upgrade issue

9. How to tell if table exists in database?

10. How to tell if my table exists

11. How to tell isf a table exists

12. Can't tell if object exists for debugging

13. how to tell if table exists in database?