"Restore operation terminating abnormally"

"Restore operation terminating abnormally"

Post by Jacek Sierpinsk » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

MS SQL Server 7.0.
While trying to restore a database from a backup file (the backup was done on
another server) I get a message:
"Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)
The database you are attempting to restore was backed up under a different
Unicode locale ID (33280) or Unicode comparison style (0) than the Unicode
locale ID (1033) or Unicode comparison style (196609) currently running on this
server.
Backup or restore operation terminating abnormally".
Is it possible to restore the database without rebuilding the master database?
What is locale ID 33280? I found ID 1033 is English but 33280 doesn't
correspond with any of 24 default languages installed in MS SQL Server.

--
Jacek Sierpinski

"Restore operation terminating abnormally"

Post by Dan Guzma » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

UNICODE Locale ID 33280 is binary.

You will need to rebuild master or establish a temporary SQL installation on
another server in order to restore.

Hope this helps.

[...]

1. Error 945 Backup or restore operation terminated abnormally

My PC blocked when I made BACKUP. I can't access to database and I can't
make this restore to ather database.
Error message is:"Error 945 Backup or restore operation terminated
anormally"
I have MDF and LDF files.
WHAT CAN I DO ???

2. Help on sp_spaceused

3. Select a research subject

4. Restore database is terminating abnormally

5. SQL Enterprise Manager 2K & 7.0 vs. EM 6.5

6. RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally

7. speed up fuzzy queries

8. Restore Database terminated abnormally

9. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

11. Terminating a scheduled "Execute Process Task"