Code page translation

Post by Michael Tissingto » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 02:55:28

I'm getting a code page translation error for a text field From 1255 to
1252.

How do I change the database so this does not happen. I assume I have to do
something with the collation for the table but not sure.

Thanks.

--
Michael Tissington
Oaklodge Technologies

Code page translation

Post by Erland Sommarsko » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:11:50

> I'm getting a code page translation error for a text field From 1255 to
> 1252.

> How do I change the database so this does not happen. I assume I have to
> do something with the collation for the table but not sure.

Could you describe your problem more in detail? When do you get this
error? What collation does the table column have? And what codepage
is 1255? (1252 is Western Latin-1, that I know.)

To change the collation of a column, this statement appears to work:

   alter table NEW_H alter column H_Name nvarchar(50)
      COLLATE Lithuanian_CS_AS

--

I support PASS - the definitive global community for SQL Server
professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org

Code page translation

Post by Michael Tissingto » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:11:30

I think 1255 Is Hebrew ....

--

Post by Erland Sommarsko » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:53:42

> I think 1255 Is Hebrew ....

OK. Then you should probably use a Hebrew collation, rather than a
Lithuanian as I used in the example.

--

I support PASS - the definitive global community for SQL Server
professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org
The PASS Community Summit is in Seattle Nov 19-22, I'll be there. And you?

1. Code page translation in a non-ODBC connection

I have a colleague who get some problems with french accent when connecting
to my SQL/server.
If he uses an ODBC connection, he is able to configure a code page
translation (available in the ODBC SQL Server DSN setup): then everything
goes fine.
However, he wrote a VB 5.0 app which uses a RDO connection to the server.
The french accent problem came back and he could not find a way to work
around. It seems that there is no translation option when VB connects to
SQL Server with RDO.
Did anybody have this problem? What did you do?

server: SQL/server 6.5 sp3 on WinNT 3.51 sp5
client: Win95
--
Michel Gauthier

Produits Forestiers Donohue Inc.
The ideas expressed/language used reflect those of the author,
Not necessarly those of Donohue Inc.

2. San Diego Pick Opportunities

3. code page translations problem..!

4. FPW26 Crazy problem with generated screen

5. Code Page translations in DTS package

6. Win NT Server - Large Sites?

7. code page translations

8. Stored procedures

9. 850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

10. Code page translation

11. Code Page Translation

12. Code page translation error

13. code page translations