Price Tag for SQL Server 2000

Post by Steve Fishch » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:27:48

Hi,

I am doing pricing for my proposal to use SQL Server 2000 for our
Datawarehouse. I was searching on the net for pricing and found a site
that lists a number of vendors that sell SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Edition.

check out the link at
http://www.nextag.com/Microsoft_SQL_Server_2000~2302486z3znz300000zz1...

What amazed me were that two companies were selling what looks like
the enterprise edition for a mere $5000, all the other were in the
$20K range which seemed right. Have I hit a jackpot? I am wondering
how these vendors (that seem legitimit) can be selling for such a low
price?

Steve

Price Tag for SQL Server 2000

Post by Andrew Joh » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:00:53

Steve,

As all the links I checked claim "Enterprise Edn" and 1 processor,
the main differentiator is the Client Access Licenses

As http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/production.asp
will show, Unlimited CAL vs 25 accounts for $20k vs $10k price bands.
$5k - does seem a bit suspicious.

Microsoft charge differently for internet accessed SQL servers  (lots more),
even if one form of reasoning would say that there is only 1 client - IIS.

Regards
 AJ

Quote:> Hi,

> I am doing pricing for my proposal to use SQL Server 2000 for our
> Datawarehouse. I was searching on the net for pricing and found a site
> that lists a number of vendors that sell SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
> Edition.

> check out the link at

http://www.nextag.com/Microsoft_SQL_Server_2000~2302486z3znz300000zz1...
erver_2000zmainz2-htm
Quote:

> What amazed me were that two companies were selling what looks like
> the enterprise edition for a mere $5000, all the other were in the
> $20K range which seemed right. Have I hit a jackpot? I am wondering
> how these vendors (that seem legitimit) can be selling for such a low
> price?

> Steve

1. Searching on XML-Tag with SQL Server 2000 and Full-Text

Hello everybody,

I successfully installed the  full-text catalog and the XML IFilter on
SQL server 2000. Searching xml documents stored in an IMAGE column works
very well.

When I search a xml document, sql server searches the whole document.
But that is not what I wan't to achieve. I want to search on the value
of an xml-tag.

Imagine the following xml:

<member>
  <name>Paul</name>
  <name>Steven</name>
</members>

Is it possible to say something like this:
where CONTAINS(columnname,'members/name = "Paul"') ?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanx in advance!

Grtz Vincent Kok

2. Zero Impact Sql Monitor detects HACKER Database Login Failures

3. Pricing SQL SERVER 2000

4. I want to store the Full DSN/Connection string in a config file BUT

5. Pricing SQL Server 2000

6. bespoke

7. SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Upgrade Pricing?

8. Price tag on SE + 4GL RDS

9. Price Tag Printer (mac - FMPRO)

10. Connecting to a Sql Server 2000 SP3 from a Sql Server 2000 SP2

11. Support WebCast: Microsoft SQL Server 2000: Reading Execution Plans in SQL Server 2000