SqllAgentCmdExec

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 05:01:17

Readers
    I am having a few problems setting this up. Here's the deal (SS7)

User Non sysadmin
Executing a cmd line job within an SP which reads commands in a text file
against a DB (text file local to SS)
I have given the SqlAgentCmdExec permissions into the database
I have given the SqlAgentCmdExec full control over the file and share.
file qualified as UNC as per Neil Pike's recommendations

User executes sp and fails with a connection error (not known if file or SS)
I execute SP as a sysadmin and it works.
I clear out the tables and user executes again and it works (look at
profiler trace and NtUserName is SqlAgentCmdexec

It will work for a while then fail again.

User who executes the sp is a local admin on the server

AARRGGHHH

why ?

Allan

SqllAgentCmdExec

Post by Marc Wyn » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 00:33:39

Set the SQLAgentCmdExec account to have the user rights for "Log on as a
Service".

Quote:> Readers