Hit counters

Post by Mike » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 04:51:08

Hi -
I am trying to setup a hit counter on a page in the
application - using Visual studio.net.  Is it better to
store the counter on a database or a text file - or does
it make a difference?  Would apprecaite the code for this
if you have done something like this before.  Thanks in
advance.

Hit counters

Post by Chandra » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:32:29

text files or INI files can be used to store hit-counter information.
its of no use just storing a number in the database. accessing database
occupies more
resources than accessing a ini file.

best regards
Chandra A

Quote:> Hi -
> I am trying to setup a hit counter on a page in the
> application - using Visual studio.net.  Is it better to
> store the counter on a database or a text file - or does
> it make a difference?  Would apprecaite the code for this
> if you have done something like this before.  Thanks in
> advance.

1. Applet Page Hit Counter

Is there a way to develope a "Page Hit Counter" that is
elegant? Such as display direct to C:\Java command MS-DOS.
Or perhaps e-mail every 24HRS. I don't know anything about
Page Hit Counters. I'd like to build one maybe triggering
off init() { or something like that. Digital electronics
tech learning Java html DOS and windows on my own.

2. execute a stored job through MS ACCESS 2000

3. hit counter

4. postgresql 7.3 + IPv6 patch

5. Hits-Counter

6. Unspecified Error

7. Live web page hit counter

8. Help! Newbie - Various questions

9. Two different cache-hit-ratio perfmon counters?

10. Cache hit ratio '_Total' counter

11. Cache hit % vs. Buffer Cache hit %

12. Cache hit vs. Buffer cache hit

13. 8i hits infinite loop --Trace file hits 2.1G