Help!!!, Data Replication

Post by Yong Zo » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

We are currently using SQL Server 7.0, and I try to replicate the data from
one server to another SQL Server 7.0 Server. It is working fine if I use
push subscription, but if I want to using pull subscription, I got following
error on schedule job. Following is the error message

The subscription to publication '(null)' has expired or does not exist.  The
step failed.

Does any one have any idea how to fix that problem? Any inputs are welcome.
Thanks

Help!!!, Data Replication

Post by Darren Reynol » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Did you set up the replication using the wizard? Did you do it using
IP addresses rather than host names? If the answer to both questions
is 'yes', then put entries into your HOSTS file for the machines
involved, start again, and this time use the host name.

I've been through this myself.

Regards,
Darren

>We are currently using SQL Server 7.0, and I try to replicate the data from
>one server to another SQL Server 7.0 Server. It is working fine if I use
>push subscription, but if I want to using pull subscription, I got following
>error on schedule job. Following is the error message

>The subscription to publication '(null)' has expired or does not exist.  The
>step failed.

>Does any one have any idea how to fix that problem? Any inputs are welcome.
>Thanks

1. HELP*** Data Replication between SYBASE and DB2

I am working an R&D project, the project involves designing a system to replicate and synchronize data between a central site (DB2 IBM) and multiple remote sites (SYBASE Sun Solaris).  Some sites require immediate synchronous data and others require "snapshots" or downloads.  Database updates go to ways.

I am investigating middleware, gateways, etc...that will put this all together.

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with Data Replication in a heterogenous evnironment?  I would appreciate any RECO's, lesson learned, other industry contacts, etc...

Please respond to:

2. inconsistent meta data

3. How big is BIG ??

4. HELP!!! Missing Data From Suscriber in Merge Replication

5. Oracle forms 4.0 How do you inport in databases on remote machines to an existing

6. Merge Replication Deletes Data ? Please Help

7. Paradox 7 - form on 2 pages + insert picture

8. Data replication pls pls help

9. Data replication with Access pls pls help

10. Help! Merge Replication fails data validation

11. replication error, data corruption... please help

12. Help required for Data replication from local to central database