%ls

Post by Maria Re » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:54:55

Hi experts,

What does the %ls statement mean in SQL Server.

I am getting an error message 6891 "The FOR XML clause is not allowed
in a %ls statement."

I am not quite sure what this means.

Thanks!
Marie

%ls

Post by Aaron Bertrand - MV » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:57:51

It's a placeholder that wasn't replaced correctly...

Quote:> Hi experts,

> What does the %ls statement mean in SQL Server.

> I am getting an error message 6891 "The FOR XML clause is not allowed
> in a %ls statement."

> I am not quite sure what this means.

> Thanks!
> Marie

%ls

Post by James Travi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:54:51

More precisely %ls represents a string value replacement. If you look them
up in SQL BOL you will find some errors also use %d as a decimal
placeholder. It comes from the C++ background of SQL programming.

> It's a placeholder that wasn't replaced correctly...

> > Hi experts,

> > What does the %ls statement mean in SQL Server.

> > I am getting an error message 6891 "The FOR XML clause is not allowed
> > in a %ls statement."

> > I am not quite sure what this means.

> > Thanks!
> > Marie

1. 22411-NC-Raleigh-PC-UNIX-Windows-Windows 95-ORACLE-PeopleSoft-PeopleTools-Intran

=
Company    : Technisource
Website    : http://www.tsi.net
Job Title  : Programmer
Location   : Raleigh, NC
Job Type   : Contract
============================
Technisource is an innovative and rapidly growing national contract, consulting
and staffing organization Technisource has a long list of satisfied clients and
hundreds of high caliber consultants with rewarding careers in the technical
industry Technisource offers the best solution whether our clients' needs are
for one engineer, a team or a complete outsourcing unit Since 1987 Technisource
has specialized in the technical consulting industry and is the most qualified
resource to turn for your next project Over 600 opportunities are listed on our
website, WWWTSINET for engineers, programmers, designers, technicians and
technical writers

PC (IBM or Compatible) required UNIX, Windows 3x, Windows 95, Oracle,
PeopleSoft HR, People Tools, and Intranet required PS 60 desired DURATION 6 - 9
months

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* PC
* UNIX
* Windows  Version: 3.x
* Windows 95
* ORACLE
* PeopleSoft
* PeopleTools
* Intranet
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : OR10002

Technisource
1901 NW 62nd St.,  #401

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309

Phone: 800-940-1111 EXT 237
   -   -
Fax No: 888-290-2990

** Post jobs for 30 days for $40, unlimited postings $250/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET' **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City

2. ADODC control - DataSource Property back to nothing

3. Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

4. Remotely starting in single-user mode?

5. 22411-NC-Raleigh-PC-UNIX-Windows-Windows 95-ORACLE-PeopleSoft-PeopleTools-Intran

6. Which process hangs?

7. CodeBase 5.1/CodeReporter2.0/CodeControls

8. Dependencies

9. Printing Forms (in need of LS Paper 32bit)

10. ls A Bug of Delphi?

11. nas?ls?n

12. D3 NT and LS-120 floppy drives