Paradox for DOS file import fails

Post by Peter Roll » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:29:53

A long shot, but possibly someone here has had the same problem...

Server - NT4 SP6, SQL2000 SP3

I have some DTS packages that import Paradox for DOS files, and in order to
get the import to work it was necessary to change the CollationSequence
setting in the registry from Ascii to International.

These packages had been working fine for 6 months until we had to install
Windows Scripting (WSH) to do some programmatic drive mapping.

Now the error message "Incorrect Collating Sequence" has returned whenever
we try to connect to the paradox files.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, installing WSH also "un-registered" some dlls used by our
scripts.

Regards

Pete

1. Importing Paradox for DOS files after installing WSH

A long shot, but possibly someone here has had the same problem...

Server - NT4 SP6, SQL2000 SP3

I have some DTS packages that import Paradox for DOS files, and in order to
get the import to work it was necessary to change the CollationSequence
setting in the registry from Ascii to International.

These packages have been working fine for 6 months until we had to install
Windows Scripting (WSH) to do some programmatic drive mapping.

Now the error message "Incorrect Collating Sequence" has returned whenever
we try to connect to the paradox files.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, installing WSH also "un-registered" some dlls used by our
scripts.

Regards

Pete

2. ?֓a

3. Paradox DOS that can import Reflex 2 files

4. Query Timeouts

5. Converting, Importing, or Updating Paradox 4.5 for DOS Scripts to Paradox 5 for Win

6. error_access_violation in DMO package object event

7. Importing QPro5.0/DOS files to PDOX4.5/DOS

8. OCP STS software needed

9. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

10. Paradox 4.0 for DOS import procedure

11. Importing Paradox 4.5 for dos into Access 2.0

12. IMPORT PARADOX FOR DOS V 4.5 INTO PDOXWIN 4.5

13. Import from Paradox DOS -- Upper ASCII