Windows 2000 install problems

Post by marc.. » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

We tried to install MSSQL7 on a Windows 2K machine.  On the first
install, it couldn't start the service, it kept timing out after 4
minutes.  So we removed and reinstalled.  At that point, it started the
service and the install completed correctly, however, when I opened up
Enterprise Manager and tried to add that server's registration, the
registration would add, but then it would never show the service as
running and I couldn't connect to it through any tools.

We have backed out and reverted to NT 4.0 and had no problems.  In the
meantime, has anyone else experienced this?  I had similar problems
when I tried to install to a Windows 98 laptop awhile back, and we
eventually got that to work -- I don't remember how, nor do I know if
they are the same issue or not.  (And yes, we were using the server
version of Win 2K).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Windows 2000 install problem

I downloaded the 500+ MB file from OTN to install 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 sp2.
When I try to run disk1\setup.exe, nothing happens.  When I run
disk1\autorun\autorun.exe, I get the install start up and select
install/deinstall products, and nothing happens.

I did note that when I run setup.exe, it looked like a jrew.exe started and
then wnet away at the same time startup.exe went away.

Little help...

tia,

2. Messages while stored procedure runs?

3. installing SQL Server 2000 in windows 2000 OS through Telnet problem

4. Querying Dates from Access in VB6

5. Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

6. Replication of distributed databases & pgsql 7.2

7. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

8. Accessing mapped network drives from oracle

9. Problems installing SQLServer 2000 Developer Edition on Windows XP Pro

10. Windows 2000 Server Install EULA problem

11. Problem installing SQL Server 2K into Windows 2000 Active Directory

12. Problem with installing SQL 7.0 Ent on Windows 2000

13. SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro