Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

Post by Olivier Lavo » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:50:31

I'm testing the Windows 2003 Web Edtion RTM release for the company I
work for. But I can't install MS SQL Server 2000 Entreprise Edition on
this release...

I read on the MS website that SQL Server 2000 SP3 will work on Windows
2003 server... but I can't install the base version.

Does the Web Edition support SQL Server ENT?? I tried previously the
Entreprise Edtion of SQL 2000 and it installed successfully.

Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

Post by Jasper Smit » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 02:23:52

In RC1 I don't think you could install any SQL edition however
it seems that you can install MSDE on RTM but not SQL2000
Enterprise edition Have a look at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx#

In the usage section

"Non-enterprise database engine software licensed to support not more than
25 concurrent users; for example, Microsoft SQL ServerT 2000 Desktop
Engine."

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> I'm testing the Windows 2003 Web Edtion RTM release for the company I
> work for. But I can't install MS SQL Server 2000 Entreprise Edition on
> this release...

> I read on the MS website that SQL Server 2000 SP3 will work on Windows
> 2003 server... but I can't install the base version.

> Does the Web Edition support SQL Server ENT?? I tried previously the
> Entreprise Edtion of SQL 2000 and it installed successfully.

Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

Post by SQL Server Development Team [MSFT » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:02:16

I know SQL Sever 2000 installs fine on Windows Sever 2003, Enterprise
Edition, although you will get a message warning that SQL Server will not
run until upgraded to SP3.  However, the Web Edition may be different and I
have not worked with it.

Albert Liao
Program Manager
Data Transformation Services

> In RC1 I don't think you could install any SQL edition however
> it seems that you can install MSDE on RTM but not SQL2000
> Enterprise edition Have a look at
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx#

> In the usage section

> "Non-enterprise database engine software licensed to support not more than
> 25 concurrent users; for example, Microsoft SQL ServerT 2000 Desktop
> Engine."

> --
> HTH

> Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

> I support PASS - the definitive, global
> community for SQL Server professionals -
> http://www.sqlpass.org

> > I'm testing the Windows 2003 Web Edtion RTM release for the company I
> > work for. But I can't install MS SQL Server 2000 Entreprise Edition on
> > this release...

> > I read on the MS website that SQL Server 2000 SP3 will work on Windows
> > 2003 server... but I can't install the base version.

> > Does the Web Edition support SQL Server ENT?? I tried previously the
> > Entreprise Edtion of SQL 2000 and it installed successfully.

1. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Hi,
I am a web developer and i have been given the task to
test the new Windows Server 2003 RC2 Web Edition to be
used within out corporation. One of tests is to use SQL
server on that platform.
My question is: Can that be done?
I have tried to install every version of SQL server 2000,
but the installation wizard fails to start up. Are there
any way to solve this?

Thanks for any replies.

/Roger

2. ON-Bar Import Restore

3. Can I install SQL 2000 on Windows 2003 Web edition

4. OLAP Calculated member for percent of total revenue.

5. Problems installing SQL Server 2000 on Win 2003 (Web Edition)

6. Foxbase+ cursor shape

7. sql server 2000 and windows 2003 web edition

8. Sql server 2000 dev on Windows 2003 Web Edition

9. Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

10. Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

11. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

12. SQL/MSDE admin on Windows 2003 Server - Web edition