Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for OLAP

Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for OLAP

Post by Alek » Thu, 08 May 2003 19:28:28

Hi All,
Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for
OLAP?

Regards,
Alek

Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for OLAP

Post by MSFT » Fri, 09 May 2003 02:38:11

Hi Alek,

key issue (noted in the readme) is that pre-SP3 DSO cannot manage SP3
server. Other things to check for is make sure that for remote
administration, the bin directory (shared as MSOLAPRepository) still has the
right priviledges for your remote administrators.

I would recommend looking into the readme as well.

Marin

Quote:> Hi All,
> Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for
> OLAP?

> Regards,
> Alek

Do You know any problem after install Service Pack 3 for OLAP

Post by Paul M. Corle » Fri, 09 May 2003 10:02:32

At a former job where we had extremely large (over 3 billion records in the
fact tables) MOLAP cubes we saw a noticable performance diffrence (loss of)
after going to SP3.  The cubes and servers had every tweak done to optimize
the query performance.  Queries that took a few seconds prior to SP3 would
take minutes. Queries that took Minutes prior to SP3 would never return
after SP3.  After reinstalling AS and getting it to SP2 with the hotfixes
and configs that had been applied prior to SP3 we were able to get our
performance back to what it was prior to SP3.

Paul

Quote:> Hi All,