About FullText , search some word in a vocable not support ?

About FullText , search some word in a vocable not support ?

Post by NewMa » Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:49:33

I use Fulltext with SQL Server 2000 .
I got a problem .

I try to find some word in a vocable , but it didn't work.

That means .
if i want to find "ear" when my data include "search" ,
"earch" .

It will only return records of "earch" .

About FullText , search some word in a vocable not support ?

Post by John Kan » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:18:38

NewMan,
What OS Platform (NT 4.0, Win2K or .NET) is your SQL Server 2000 installed
on?
This type of problem is dependent upon the OS platform specific wordbreaker.

Note, you should post FTS questions to the newsgroup:
microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext
Regards,
John

Quote:> I use Fulltext with SQL Server 2000 .
> I got a problem .

> I try to find some word in a vocable , but it didn't work.

> That means .
> if i want to find "ear" when my data include "search" ,
> "earch" .

> It will only return records of "earch" .

1. sql fulltext does not search for national words

I need to search for national russian words using query like
select * from PEOPLE WHERE CONTAINS(*,'??')
but receive an error
Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Execution of a full-text operation failed. A clause of the query contained
only ignored words.

Is it possible to search for national words (cyrillic-russian)?

Thank You
Nikolay

2. Public Web access to private databases

3. Limiting result words from a fulltext search

4. Informix Packages and Procedures

5. Fulltext search for one letter words

6. question on procedure

7. Fulltext search of XML not working, mssdmn crashes

8. Sheridan Calendar Widgets problem

9. SQL search - not Fulltext

10. Fulltext Search AND web site search

11. Fulltext indexes and noise words