What is best reference books for DTS?

Post by Ed Enstro » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 04:17:39

What are some good reference books for Data Transformation Services?  The
BOL help is pretty good, but it is spotty.

I am looking for something along the same lines as Soukup and Delaney's
Inside SQL Server, except oriented specifically to DTS.

Thanks,
Ed Enstrom

What is best reference books for DTS?

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 04:49:46

Quote:>What are some good reference books for Data Transformation Services?  The
>BOL help is pretty good, but it is spotty.

>I am looking for something along the same lines as Soukup and Delaney's
>Inside SQL Server, except oriented specifically to DTS.

SQL 2000 BOL is much much better than 7.0, if you are not already aware.
This is available on MSDN library (CD/DVD or MS MSDN Site, assuming you
can find it or wait for it to load!)

Two books in no order of preference-

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Timothy Peterson
Sams Publishing, December 2000
ISBN: 0672320118

Professional SQL Server 2000 DTS (Data Transformation Services)
Mark Chaffin, Brian Knight, Todd Robinson
Wrox Press Inc, October 2000
ISBN: 1861004419

--
Darren Green
http://www.sqldts.com

What is best reference books for DTS?

Post by CR » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 05:18:02

I have Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS by Timothy Peterson (SAMS Publishing).
It's pretty good.

However, I find most of the information that I need on the Web via
informational sites and newsgroups like this.

Quote:> What are some good reference books for Data Transformation Services?  The
> BOL help is pretty good, but it is spotty.

> I am looking for something along the same lines as Soukup and Delaney's
> Inside SQL Server, except oriented specifically to DTS.

> Thanks,
> Ed Enstrom

What is best reference books for DTS?

Post by Euan Garde » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 14:17:01

Best resources I know of are Professional SQL2000 DTS by Knight, Chaffin et
al, this newsgroup and Darrens web site.

http://www.sqldts.com

-Euan

Quote:> What are some good reference books for Data Transformation Services?  The
> BOL help is pretty good, but it is spotty.

> I am looking for something along the same lines as Soukup and Delaney's
> Inside SQL Server, except oriented specifically to DTS.

> Thanks,
> Ed Enstrom

What is best reference books for DTS?

Post by Ed Enstro » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:27:29

Thanks for the tips.

Ed

> >What are some good reference books for Data Transformation Services?  The
> >BOL help is pretty good, but it is spotty.

> >I am looking for something along the same lines as Soukup and Delaney's
> >Inside SQL Server, except oriented specifically to DTS.

> SQL 2000 BOL is much much better than 7.0, if you are not already aware.
> This is available on MSDN library (CD/DVD or MS MSDN Site, assuming you
> can find it or wait for it to load!)

> Two books in no order of preference-

> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services (DTS)
> Timothy Peterson
> Sams Publishing, December 2000
> ISBN: 0672320118

> Professional SQL Server 2000 DTS (Data Transformation Services)
> Mark Chaffin, Brian Knight, Todd Robinson
> Wrox Press Inc, October 2000
> ISBN: 1861004419

> --
> Darren Green
> http://www.sqldts.com

1. VB + databases: I am looking for resources, ie: reference books

Hello,

I am looking for a good book or an FTP site of texts or whatever to
assist me with some database programming in VB.

I have already got the VB Database Developers Guide by Jennings but
the book is quite weak in several areas of interest to me, such as:

- locking
- network hardware considerations in terms of spped
- how to trap network data erros (such as when the network is busy,
does VB report and error, or does it retry?)

thank you very much.

Srorry but my backspace key doesn't work: bad terminal emulation!!

--ross barclay

2. Saving OLE fields to a file

3. Good replication programming books/references?

4. Export contents of VBGrid to Excel worksheet

5. I need a good reference book on SQL

6. Long shot...convert cheque amounts to words?

7. Good books for SQL Language Reference

8. IECC for IUS 9.14?

9. I need a good reference book on SQL

10. Good Reference Books

11. A good SQL tutorial/reference book ?

12. Good SQL reference book?

13. best overall reference book on sql server 7