Stored procedure returning empty output parameters or return value

Stored procedure returning empty output parameters or return value

Post by Steve Blou » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:51:17

I have a stored procedure that when passed a username I want to call
sp_droplogin. If this call fails (user or aliased in a database)
return error value -1. If successful return 1.

I can get it to work using sql oledb whether it fails or not, but not
using a ODBC DSN. If it is successful I get 1 returned if it fails I
get nothing at all. I have to use the DSN approach so I need to figure
out what's going on.

I've tried using both a output parameter and a return value with the
same results.

I'm developing in VB 6, SQL 7, MDAC 2.6

Also, even when I set a default value for the output parameter/return
value before I call sp_droplogin, it gets wiped out and nothing is
returned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve