A2K ADO SQL7 conflict

Post by Polair » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Try this :

Create 2 tables.
Create a trigger (on insert) in the first one to insert a record in the
other one.

Like this one :
Create trigger Test
On dbo.Table1
For  Insert
As
set nocount on
insert into
dbo.Table2(id)
select 1
 return

Open in access the first table and insert a record. You have an error
message saying that the record not correspnding to the current filter and
will not be display.

The problem don't appear with ODBC or ADO with Borland DELPHI 5.

Access make me crazzy !

A2K ADO SQL7 conflict

Post by Ivan Arjentinsk » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

I think the problem should occur with any kind of client.

Since the insert trigger inserts data in another table (I guess table2 has

A2K->ADO->ODBC uses

after inserting a new record in order to retrieve the key of the inserted

got the error message.

including mine.

Quote:> Try this :

> Create 2 tables.
> Create a trigger (on insert) in the first one to insert a record in the
> other one.

> Like this one :
> Create trigger Test
> On dbo.Table1
> For  Insert
> As
> set nocount on
> insert into
> dbo.Table2(id)
> select 1
>  return

> Open in access the first table and insert a record. You have an error
> message saying that the record not correspnding to the current filter and
> will not be display.

> The problem don't appear with ODBC or ADO with Borland DELPHI 5.

> Access make me crazzy !

A2K ADO SQL7 conflict

Post by Polair » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks a lot and when i delete a record via storeproc Access hide it but if
I try to edit the record withch take his place it make an error as if he
keep the position of the delete one.

I hope you understand me (I m french)

> I think the problem should occur with any kind of client.

> Since the insert trigger inserts data in another table (I guess table2 has

> A2K->ADO->ODBC uses

> after inserting a new record in order to retrieve the key of the inserted

> got the error message.

> including mine.

> > Try this :

> > Create 2 tables.
> > Create a trigger (on insert) in the first one to insert a record in the
> > other one.

> > Like this one :
> > Create trigger Test
> > On dbo.Table1
> > For  Insert
> > As
> > set nocount on
> > insert into
> > dbo.Table2(id)
> > select 1
> >  return

> > Open in access the first table and insert a record. You have an error
> > message saying that the record not correspnding to the current filter
and
> > will not be display.

> > The problem don't appear with ODBC or ADO with Borland DELPHI 5.

> > Access make me crazzy !

A2K ADO SQL7 conflict

Post by Uwe Ricke » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Polaire,

this is a known bug (we had had the same bad experiences with SQL and A2K)
Get the latest OfficeUpdate on

http://officeupdate.microsoft.com

maybe that will fix your problems (We cant use the bugfix because of a
different language)

best regards,
Uwe Ricken
MCP FOR MS ACCESS DEVELOPMENT
GNS GmbH, Frankfurt am Main

Quote:>Try this :

>Create 2 tables.
>Create a trigger (on insert) in the first one to insert a record in the
>other one.

>Like this one :
>Create trigger Test
>On dbo.Table1
>For  Insert
>As
>set nocount on
>insert into
>dbo.Table2(id)
>select 1
> return

>Open in access the first table and insert a record. You have an error
>message saying that the record not correspnding to the current filter and
>will not be display.

>The problem don't appear with ODBC or ADO with Borland DELPHI 5.

>Access make me crazzy !

1. Modify connection options in A2K/SQL7 programmatically

I posted this earlier in microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits, but that might
not be the right newgroup... I apologize if this isn't the right one
either...

-----
Following situation:
A2K frontend against SQL Server 7.0, about 20 users. Frontend runs on the
Access Runtime. I want users to be able to change their connection
information (primarily the user-id they use to log on to the server). In
Access full version, I just attach the following code to a button:

Application.CommandBars("File").Controls.Item(8).Execute

This works fine, but nothing happens when I try this in the Runtime. Of
course, this option isn't even available in the File menu of Access runtime
and I would have been able to accept that... But if I invoke Item(7) in the
Runtime (which is "Export" on the File menu in full Access and also doesn't
appear in the Runtime) it works fine!

To be short: how do I change the connection options in an ADP without going
through the menu or having to manually bind all my forms to ADO recordsets
etc. ???

Thanks a lot!

Mischa.

2. Problems in combining DAO3.6 to Oracle 8.1.0.7 under VB6 - Help needed

3. SQL7-A2K Replication again

4. Transaction won't ROLLBACK

5. Overflow Error while Upsizing A2K to SQL7

6. How to access properties of multiple connections

7. Problem with null BIT criteria in form based on SP, A2k/SQL7.adp

8. SQL7 Permissions and A2K linked tables

9. A2K-SQL7 Merge Error

10. A2K - ADO - Problem with RecordCount property

11. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict